Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted by request. I have not yet prepared this recipe personally.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions, quartered lengthwise,thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 baguette
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a medium skillet, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions begin to brown around the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, stir, and continue cooking for about 5 minutes until the onions are very tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Slice baguette into rounds of ¼-inch thickness (approximately 24 slices).
- Place the bread rounds on a baking sheet and toast under the broiler until lightly browned, 30 to 45 seconds.
- Turn over the bread rounds and toast the other side.
- Remove from the broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine the onions, red bell pepper, yogurt, Parmesan, and salt.
- Spread the topping on the toasted bread rounds.