Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Parmesan flavored oil. This will keep for up to 6 months, stored in a cool, dark place.
- 2 cups olive oil
- 3 1⁄2 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese, finely grated
- 3⁄4 ounce parmigiano-reggiano cheese, shaved (with vegetable peeler)
- In a small pan, combine 2 cups olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Stir over low heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the Parmesan starts to melt and clump together.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Strain into a 2 cup sterilized bottle and add 3/4 oz shaved Parmesan cheese. Seal and label the bottle.
- Store in a cool, dark place for up to 6 months.
I loved how this came together. I bought some pretty bottles and will be giving this a Christmas Gifts, along with dipping bowls, etc. Thanks!
I made a small amount of this to use for french bread. I think one could easily add jarred minced garlic to the oil. I want to try that next time. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
I used this on my French Bread before baking it and we loved it! I think this would also be great to use for dipping your bread or even poured over your cooked pasta!