Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
I used to love the boxed side dish "Noodle Roni Parmesano." I hadn't seen it in store shelves for quite some time, so I played around until I came up with something close to it. As it is just me and my DS at home these days, I intentionally developed the recipe as a side dish for two (or a main course for one!) Although I haven't tried it, I would imagine the recipe would double easily enough.
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta (or other noodle)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook noodles al dente and drain.
- In the empty noodle pan, melt butter and stir in the parmesan until melted and well-blended.
- Add garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parsley; stir to blend.
- Stir in the cream; continue stirring until blended and smooth.
- Return noodles to pan and stir/toss to coat noodles with parmesan mixture.
So simple and so good. I did need to lighten it a bit and used fat free liquid coffee creamer for the cream with all else being the same. DH and I both really loved it and he said that it was easy enough for him to make! wow.
Wow wow wow - so so good! A definite splurge dish but worth every calorie! I used vermicelli as I had it on hand. I did not add any salt except for a dash in the pasta cooking water. Added another grinding of fresh pepper and more dried parsley on top when serving. Thanks for sharing!