Recipe by Boca Pat
When you want a change from potatoes & rice for a side dish, this is the one we choose. It's easy to prepare and yet tastes so good. The blend of flavors makes it companionable to any meal.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened,divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups hot cooked noodles
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- additional parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, parsley, basil and lemon pepper.
- Stir in water; keep warm.
- In a sauce pan, saute garlic in remaining butter until lightly browned.
- Place noodles in a serving bowl, top with garlic mixture.
- Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese; toss lightly; Spoon cream sauce over noodles and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.