Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious and Low Carb! Unbelievable flavor, and very quick and easy. Not too bad on the pocket book either!!
- 4 -6 pork chops (bone in)
- 2 -3 cups fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup apricot, marmalade
- 1 jalapeno, diced (remove seeds)
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute or 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Rub chops evenly with mustard.
- Cover each side of the chop LIBERALLY with Parmesan cheese.
- Put olive oil in large heated skillet.
- Cook pork chops 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In bowl mix all ingredients together.
- Heat in microwave or on stove top just to heat through. Around 3-5 minutes.
- You can pour sauce over chops or serve on the side for dipping.
While the end result of this recipe tasted good, I had real problems with the cooking method. I ended up with a pan, covered with a layer of caramelized cheese and chops with no cheese on them whatsoever. I don't know if a non-stick skillet would make a difference here but I suppose it's worth a try (I used a stainless steel skillet). The apricot sauce is what saved this recipe for me, though I'm glad I only made 2 chops. I also cut the amounts for the sauce by a quarter (rather than by half) and it was plenty of sauce for my taste. Thanks!