Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 20 chicken wings, wing tips cut off and discarded and the wings halved at the joint
- In a shallow dish whisk together the butter, the mustard, and the cayenne.
- In another shallow dish combine well the bread crumbs, the parmesan, the cumin, and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Dip the chicken wings, a few at a time, in the butter mixture, letting the excess drip off, coat them with the crumb mixture, and arrange them without touching in a greased shallow baking pan.
- Bake the chicken wings in the lower third of a preheated 425°F oven for 30 minutes (If extra-crisp chicken wings are desired, turn the wings after 20 minutes).
Dancer, these are sooooo good! We just finished eating these wings, and are we stuffed! I wanted a non-saucy type of wing, and these fit the bill to a T. I only changed one ingredient - I used Italian style dried breadcrumbs. I cooked them for 20 min. then turned them over and continued cooking for another 20 min. They came out nice and crispy. I will certainly be making these again. Thank you for such a delicious and easy recipe.
These were delicious! I had a slight problem with dipping the wings in the mustard/butter because, I guess my wings were too cold. By the time I had dipped six or seven of them, the butter had started to coagulate and it wasn't coating as well. But we muddled through anyway, and had a great meal, serving these wings with a simple salad and parmesan risotto. Will definitely make these again.