Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Whoa. So good. Patience makes perfect.
- 6 -8 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped fine
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (plus a little extra)
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- Heat stock in a saucepan over medium heat; reduce to simmer. In cast iron pan over medium heat add olive oil and heat. Add mushrooms and shallots, stirring until translucent. Add rice, stirring until rice begins to make a clicking sound (approximately 3-4 minutes).
- Add wine and cook until wine is absorbed. Using a ladle, add 3/4 cup of hot chicken stock to rice, and with a wooden spoon, stir constantly. (Do not stir vigorously or rice will become gluey). When rice is slightly thickened, add another 3/4 cup of stock.
- Continue adding stock and constantly stir. As rice nears doneness, add smaller amounts of stock. Rice should not be overcooked, and is done when mixture is consistency of a heavy cream.
- Remove from heat and add butter, parmesan, parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with additional grated cheese. Serve immediately.