Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A savory muffin.
Top Review by mrswaz
I made these to go with some pasta tonight, and we enjoyed them! I would suggest reducing the sugar though, because the sweetness and the parm compete with each other. I'll be making these again with half the sugar, and adding some cracked black pepper. Overall, a keeper, thanks for sharing- it was fun and different.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400° and grease muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg, yogurt, milk, and butter; whisk to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, salt, and basil; make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; pour in egg mixture; stir just until blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, dividing equally.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until test done.