Recipe by jdrichardson
This recipe is courtesy of Cuisine @ Home magazine issue 35. This recipe was originally called Basic Meatballs but after making it, I find it more than "basic!" Cook ahead and freeze...place waxed paper on a sheet pan; space cooked meatballs on paper and put in freezer until hard. Remove to a zip bag and freeze. Take out what you'd like and enjoy! You can make smaller meatballs by reducing the scoop to a 1/8 cup measure.
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb ground chuck
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Stir all ingredients (except the ground meat) in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the ground chuck and mix together thoroughly. Use a 1/4 cup measure and scoop out mixture and shape into balls.
- Use baking spray or parchment paper on a baking sheet ans space the meatballs on the pan so they are not touching or crowded together.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the meatballs are just cooked through.