Kind of like chicken parmesan -- only with hamburger. This calls for the "green can" cheese, but I'm sure you can substitute the real thing. Recipe doesn't specify whether to cover or not while baking. I start out uncovered and cover towards the end, if it starts getting too brown.
- Shape ground chuck into 4 patties, dip in flour, then in beaten egg, then in bread crumbs.
- Brown in oil until light golden brown.
- Place in casserole dish.
- Place mozzarella cheese on top of patties.
- Pour tomato sauce over cheese.
- Sprinkle with oregano and top with enough parmesan cheese to lightly cover the top.
- Bake at 350F for 40 minutes.