Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These parmesan matches "allumettes" I serve as an hors d'oeuvre with drinks, before dinner when I have company.
- Roll the dough in a rectangular shape of 6" wide x 10" long.
- Then, brush the dough with the eggwash.
- Mix the cheese and the paprika together.
- Place the mixture in a sieve and sprinkle the dough evenly with half the cheese mixture.
- Turn the dough over and repeat the above operation.
- Fold the dough in two and cut it into small strips of 3/8" wide.
- Then twist each strip in a spiral fashion.
- Arrange the strips on a buttered and floured baking sheet.
- Bake the parmesan matches in a preheated oven at 410 degrees F for appoximately 10 minutes.
- They should be brown and crisp.