1/3 Photos of Parmesan Mashed Butternut Squash
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Carefully cut squash in half using a heavy blade chef?s knife. Scrape out the seeds using a spoon.
- 2Rub the cut surfaces of the squash with the extra virgin olive oil.
- 3Place onto a cookie sheet cut side up and roast in a 350 convection oven (or 375 conventional oven) for about 30 to 40 minutes or until the squash is easily pierced with a skewer.
- 4Remove from the oven and let cool slightly at room temperature.
- 5As soon as you can safely handle the squash without burning your hands, scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl, being sure to remove any burnt bits or pieces of skin.
- 6Place flesh back onto cookie sheet and put back into oven, just until hot (about 3-5 minutes).
- 7Place hot squash in a mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients and mash with a potato masher or a fork to desired consistency. If you like it a little smoother, pass the squash through a food mill before mixing in remaining ingredients.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Mashed Butternut Squash
Serving Size: 1 (612 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.7
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.2 mg
- Sodium 831.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 9.7 g