Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a quick, delicious way to prepare any mild white fish filet.
- 4 -6 tilapia fillets
- lemon-pepper seasoning
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- chopped tomatoes (optional) or green onion (optional)
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Sprinkle salt and lemon-pepper, to taste over filets.
- Spray butter spray onto broiler pan, place filets on pan and spritz them with the spray.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat source for about 5-6 minutes, or until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- While fish is broiling, mix mayonaisse, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
- When fish is done, spread 2-3 tablespoons of mayonaisse mixture over each filet.
- Sprinkle tomato or green onion on top, if desired.
- Broil fish for 2-3 more minutes, or until topping is puffed and golden.
- Serve warm--goes very well with flavored rice or risotto.
I would suggest cutting the amount of mayonnasie to 1/2 - 3/4 cup. With the mayo and onions, it smelled like a filet o'fish sandwich from Mcdonald's.