Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
This recipe was published in Vogue from an Italian restaurant in Melbourne Australia (Caffe e Cucina). They serve it with pesto, olive oil, grissini sticks and pear slices as you would a cheese platter - very unusual. Would certainly be a conversation piece!
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 150g parmesan and 200ml cream and set aside in warm place until parmesan is almost melted.
- Whisk eggwhites to soft peaks, add remaining cream and whisk till stiff.
- Stir in remaining parmesan into warmed parmesan mixture and then fold gently into eggwhiote/cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into airtight container and freeze.
- To serve: Spoon parmesan ice-cream into a ramekin dish and serve alongside a ramekin of pest drizzled with olive oil, and with grissini and slices of nashi pear!
- Oh my!