Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Another recipe from my "Gifts in a Bag" recipe book. Because this one uses parmesan cheese I never give it in a bag, or jar. I'm afraid the cheese will mold before it is used. Usually I give all these dips in a basket and include this one already mixed up and chilled in a pretty jelly jar decorated with ribbon and the recipe attached. I also include a couple boxes of crackers and some chips. Great gifts for a new neighbor moving in. Cook time is chill time.
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper or 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- Combine the above ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Dip is better if chilled 8 hours or more before serving.
- Stir well before serving.
- Serve with chip, crackers or fresh vegetables.
This is a great herb dip! I used fresh herbs from my garden and doubled the amounts (as you should when substituting for dry herbs). It had about 6 hours to develop before serving and that seemed to be enough. Also, I used low-fat mayo and sour cream. I served this dip with raw veggies and it was a hit!