Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The recipe calls for continental bread but I have used normal bread without an issue.
- 8 slices continental bread
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- Arrange slices of bread on a foil lined baking tray.
- Mix remaining ingredients together.
- Spread mixture liberally over each piece of bread.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180 C, for 10-15 mins or until crisp & golden.
This was a very nice combination of flavors. I used french bread and did not have fresh Oregano so used about a tsp of the dried and that seemed to work well for us. The Worcestershire gave this an interesting flavor. Thanks for sharing. Made for Australia/NZ February Swap. :)
This was so easy to make and so good! I used a loaf of french bread cut in half. I baked int he oven for about 10 minutes to warm it and start melting the cheesey topping and then broiled it for 12 minutes to get golden-toasty brown. Made for AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #48.
FABULOUS! A great alternative to garlic bread. So easy and a great way to use all those awesome herbs from the garden. Will definitely make this again. I used Parmesan and Herb rolls (can you believe I found them) which I simply cut in half. Cooked on 350 for about 6 minutes, then turned on the broiler for 2 minutes for perfection.