Recipe by PrincessSarahNP
This is a great way to serve spinach and to use left-over Christmas ham. I learned the recipe while in the Netherlands, from a French chef. I usually double the recipe because it freezes very well. I have gotten many requests for this recipe. I usually serve it with garlic bread on the side. ENJOY!!
- 2 medium red onions, diced
- 1 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 7 cups water
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2-2 cup skim milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet on medium heat, saute onions and mushrooms in butter until soft.
- While mushrooms are cooking, boil 7 cups water in a large sauce pan.
- Add ham, cooking until heated through to mushroom mixture
- Add 1/2 cup of milk to ham and mushroom mixture.
- Add spinach to the skillet, stirring with large spatula until spinach is broken and well mixed.
- Place cream cheese into spinach mixture and stir until melted.
- Add garlic powder, mushroom soup, salt and pepper into skillet--stirring until well blended.
- Simmer, covered, for 10-12 minutes, adding more milk as necessary for consistency to make a sauce to your liking.
- While sauce is simmering, cook noodles in the other pan until tender. Keep heated.
- Drain noodles well.
- Serve noodles with spinach mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese just before serving.