Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great side-dish recipe when you are grilling meat.
- 3 large sweet onions, cut in half crosswise
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Place each onion half, cut side up on a square of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Dot each with butter; sprinkle with cheese, salt and pepper.
- Wrap onions tightly in foil.
- Grill 20 to 30 minutes or until tender.
Very good and mild when using Texas 1015s! Love 'em! I actually did them in the oven as there was no more room on the grill - 350 for about 20 minutes. Next time I might sprinkle lightly with some Tony's, and add just a little more shredded Parmesan. Bet they're even better on the grill!
My inlaws had a big box of sweet onions to use, so we used this recipe for 4 of the onions on the grill. SUPER easy and really delicious! Be careful opening the foil packet when they are done...that hot steam hurts! ;-)