Recipe by Sue Lau
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This is so easy. Bread for dinner in about an hour. This is also wonderful toasted for breakfast with some cream cheese spread.
Top Review by lets.eat
I read the reviews and used a 10x7 loaf pan since someone commented that it over excelled her pan.<br/>Our issue was the overall taste..It had like a sour taste that even lingered after our dinner, not sure if that was from the salad dressing mix, or if the amt. of baking powder was to blame.
- 828.06 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml snipped fresh chives
- 28.34 g packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml Greek yogurt
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml finely chopped shallot
- 340.19 g beer (room temperature)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small saute pan, cook shallot and garlic with oil until caramelized; allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, Parmesan cheese, chives, Ranch seasoning mix, baking powder, yogurt, and shallot/garlic mixture. Stir in room temperature beer until smooth and pour batter into a well-greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 60-70 minutes or until top is golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to sit 10 minutes in the pan, then remove and cool on a wire rack.