Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 4 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This is so easy. Bread for dinner in about an hour. This is also wonderful toasted for breakfast with some cream cheese spread.
- 828.06 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml snipped fresh chives
- 28.34 g packet Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml Greek yogurt
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml finely chopped shallot
- 340.19 g beer (room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small saute pan, cook shallot and garlic with oil until caramelized; allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, Parmesan cheese, chives, Ranch seasoning mix, baking powder, yogurt, and shallot/garlic mixture. Stir in room temperature beer until smooth and pour batter into a well-greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 60-70 minutes or until top is golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to sit 10 minutes in the pan, then remove and cool on a wire rack.
I read the reviews and used a 10x7 loaf pan since someone commented that it over excelled her pan.<br/>Our issue was the overall taste..It had like a sour taste that even lingered after our dinner, not sure if that was from the salad dressing mix, or if the amt. of baking powder was to blame.
Perfect companion for salad and soup. My guests loved this bread.
I thought this was a creative use of the contest ingredients and after seeing the photo knew I wanted to try it. When reading the recipe a full tablespoon of baking powder seemed excessive, but the bread rose like crazy. It was almost three inches over the top of the loaf pan after baking. The loaf though had a denser texture than expected. It did have a nice onion flavor and beer undernote. (I used a full bodied craft beer.) Thank you for sharing your recipe and good luck in the contest!