Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great side dish!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled and cubed potatoes (4 c)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook potatoes and garlic, covered with water in a medium saucepan until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add butter and mash, then add remaining ingredients and finish mashing.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
What a nice meld of flavors--neither the parmesan or garlic was overwhelming--just enough to perk up boring mashed potatoes. This would be a nice company side dish--doesn't require any extra effort, but still jazzes up the meal. Thanks, Marie.
Theese potatoes are SO delicious!! My husband is a meat eater. When I make these, he fills up on the potatoes and hardly eats any meat. He says I should never make any other kind again. :D They are SO good! I use a potato ricer to mash them and then a hand mixer after all the ingredients are added. Thanks for a great recipe! Everyone has to try them!
Really enoyed this! I used crushed garlic rather than sliced for a bit of extra flavour and also used some garlic pepper rather than straight pepper to top. I also thought 3/4 cup of milk was probably a bit much, I used more like 1/4 cup.