Recipe by jimnyo
This is a combination of Recipes #25787, Haricot Vert - French Green Beans With Garlic and Sliced Almonds, and Green Beans To Impress. I love all the flavors and couldn't just pick one. They're even better the next day! Use fresh green beans and DON'T use the powdered Parmesan in a can.
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, coarsely chopped or 2 -3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped (or finely sliced)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the beans in a pan of boiling salted water (about 1 teaspoons salt) and cook for 3-5 minutes until firm but not raw, drain well. Or, alternatively, microwave with a little water for 4 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the olive oil and heat, add the almonds and onions and cook for 3 minutes, or until the almonds are lightly browned.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the beans, salt and pepper to taste and toss.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Cover and cook until desired tenderness, about 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle beans with Parmesan; serve immediately.