This is a combination of Recipes #25787, Haricot Vert - French Green Beans With Garlic and Sliced Almonds, and Green Beans To Impress. I love all the flavors and couldn't just pick one. They're even better the next day! Use fresh green beans and DON'T use the powdered Parmesan in a can.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup almonds, coarsely chopped or 2 -3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped (or finely sliced)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Place the beans in a pan of boiling salted water (about 1 teaspoons salt) and cook for 3-5 minutes until firm but not raw, drain well. Or, alternatively, microwave with a little water for 4 minutes.
- 2Melt the butter in a pan, add the olive oil and heat, add the almonds and onions and cook for 3 minutes, or until the almonds are lightly browned.
- 3Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- 4Add the beans, salt and pepper to taste and toss.
- 5Add the chicken stock.
- 6Cover and cook until desired tenderness, about 5-10 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle beans with Parmesan; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Garlic Green Beans With Almonds & Onions
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.1
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 13.1 mg
- Sodium 204.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 6.8 g