Recipe by Hey Jude
This is a super simple, tasty variation of crostini. I found this in the Chicago Tribune and love how fast I can whip it up to go along with a quick, after work, soup or stew.
Top Review by Junebug
This is so easy and delicious! Earlier in the day I prepared it as the directions stated up to where you put the cheese on it. Then right before dinner I put the cheese on and popped it in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese melted. Hey Jude thanks for sharing this simple reacipe!
- 8 slices crusty French bread or 8 slices Italian bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with the olive oil; toast in the oven until lightly golden, about 5 minutes; remove from oven and rub the cut side of garlic on the oiled sides of slices; sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven; bake until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.