Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy Italian parmesan garlic breadsticks. Dip them in tomato sauce for even more flavor.
- 2 1⁄4 biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in milk until blended.
- Roll dough into a 10 x 9 inch rectangle on a floured surface.
- Cut dough into 10 (1 inch) strips; place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 13 to 15 minutes.
These couldn't be any easier! My bread for dinner met with an untimely demise, so I was looking for something quick to go with Recipe #9180. This fit the bill perfectly. I added a good bit more garlic, and maybe 1T of Italian seasoning to the mix. They took about 20 minutes to brown up in my oven, and in texture they are more like a biscuit than a breadstick. An excellent dipper, fast and easy!!
I made these last night on the spur of the moment [craving a carb-type snack, not wanting toast]. They were fast and tasty. Even my husband, who hates parmesan and is suspicious of any dish that may contain it, thought they were good, although he mentioned that they'd be even better with a pasta dish, to dip in the marinara. I have to agree. Thanks for a great new recipe for my files!