Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from "Kraft: Food and Family", Winter 2006.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut bread in half lengthwise. Place, cut sides up, in shallow baking dish.
- Mix butter and garlic until well blended. Spread evenly onto bread halves; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut each bread half crosswise into 6 slices.
- Serve warm.
This bread went well with lasagna and a crisp green salad. I didn't have French bread, so I used poor boy rolls so I may have had more cheese on each one than if I had used French bread, but they came out cheesy and good. Loved how the baking time made the outside of the rolls super crunchy but kept the inside of the bread soft.