1/1 Photo of Parmesan Fried Mushrooms
I have inherited my grandma's recipe box.... I have been going through and reviewing them and decided to begin sharing them with you all... Some of these were passed to her from her mother, and some she had cut out of magazines or newspapers and placed in her box.... Clipped from an old newspaper from 1936.... Not sure what paper....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash mushrooms and trim stems to 1/4 inches.
- 2Place flour on a sheet of waxed paper.
- 3Place breadcrumbs on second sheet of waxed paper.
- 4Mix egg and milk together in bowl.
- 5Roll mushrooms in flour to coat lightly.
- 6Dip mushrooms in egg mixture and roll in bread crumbs.
- 7Drop a few mushrooms at a time in hot oil (375) in electric skillet of deep fryer.
- 8Fry until golden brown, about 1/2 minute on each side.
- 9Drain on paper towels.
- 10Dip in Parmesan cheese while warm.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Fried Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 6.6 mg
- Sodium 61.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g