Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have inherited my grandma's recipe box.... I have been going through and reviewing them and decided to begin sharing them with you all... Some of these were passed to her from her mother, and some she had cut out of magazines or newspapers and placed in her box.... Clipped from an old newspaper from 1936.... Not sure what paper....
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Wash mushrooms and trim stems to 1/4 inches.
- Place flour on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Place breadcrumbs on second sheet of waxed paper.
- Mix egg and milk together in bowl.
- Roll mushrooms in flour to coat lightly.
- Dip mushrooms in egg mixture and roll in bread crumbs.
- Drop a few mushrooms at a time in hot oil (375) in electric skillet of deep fryer.
- Fry until golden brown, about 1/2 minute on each side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dip in Parmesan cheese while warm.
I had a handful of baby bella's left in the crisper drawer so I tagged this recipe for DH and they were wonderful! Mushrooms are not a favorite of mine but I enjoyed them too. Used italian seasoned breadcrumbs and a parmesan blend shredded cheese. Very easy and quick to make! Served them as a side dish with corn on the cob and a rump roast marinated with Sydney Mike's Venezuelan Spice Marinade. Made and reviewed for the 123 Tag Game.
Hello gertc96, these were awesome! I mixed some more cheese into the seasoned bread crumbs along with crushed red pepper flakes and added a combination of Romano & Parmesano cheese for the mushrooms to be rolled in. We enjoyed these mushrooms immensely and will make again for lunch today as we are having steak(the Cuban steak - which is like a flip steak)with white rice and vegetables. This is the menu for the home so am making these(with some help from my friends)because they were wonderful. Thanks for posting, made and reviewed at TeresaS's suggstion for "I Recommend...A New Thread," Diane :)
These sure were tasty little guys. We really enjoyed them and they were so easy to prepare. I made them as a side dish, but I could really see these as a great appetizer. Thanks gertc96 for posting this yummy dish.