I have inherited my grandma's recipe box.... I have been going through and reviewing them and decided to begin sharing them with you all... Some of these were passed to her from her mother, and some she had cut out of magazines or newspapers and placed in her box.... Clipped from an old newspaper from 1936.... Not sure what paper....
- Wash mushrooms and trim stems to 1/4 inches.
- Place flour on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Place breadcrumbs on second sheet of waxed paper.
- Mix egg and milk together in bowl.
- Roll mushrooms in flour to coat lightly.
- Dip mushrooms in egg mixture and roll in bread crumbs.
- Drop a few mushrooms at a time in hot oil (375) in electric skillet of deep fryer.
- Fry until golden brown, about 1/2 minute on each side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dip in Parmesan cheese while warm.