Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this recipe when my husband wanted fried chicken, but I wasn't in the mood for traditional. Now, he asks for this at least once a month. I usually serve it with a salad and garlic bread. It's delicious!
- 1 cup grated kraft parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb boneless chicken tenders
- olive oil, to fry
- Pour olive oil into skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Beat eggs lightly in a medium bowl.
- Mix together parmesan cheese and garlic powder on a plate.
- Dredge chicken in beaten egg.
- Place chicken in cheese and garlic mixture and turn to coat thoroughly.
- Pan-fry chicken in olive oil until lightly browned on both side and no longer pink in the center, about 3 minutes per side.
What a great idea to have fried chicken without the breading. Absolutely wonderful. Next time I will add some minced garlic to the egg instead of the powder and perhaps a little hot sauce. Also added a little butter to the oil to fry them. Cannot wait to try this on pork chops too. Thank you so much!! Loved this.
Fantastic recipe enthusiastically enjoyed by the entire family. Next time, I will only use one egg for dipping as I threw quite a bit away. I used the green can Parmesan as well, and it was very successful. Thanks for posting.
Crispy, moist and delicious! Great low carb fried chicken. Be patient and let the coating set before flipping---at least 4 minutes per side. Thanks for sharing.