Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Nick Jr magazine.
- 1 cup flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 (5 ounce) skinless white fish fillets (like cod or flounder)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup mixed sprouts or 1⁄3 cup watercress
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Season flour with salt and pepper in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Beat the eggs in a seperate bowl.
- Dip fillets in flour mixture, then in egg, and press into cheese, making sure the fish is covere.
- Heat heavy frying pan until very hot.
- Pour a little olive oil into the hot pan and fry fish in batches, approximately 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Add the chili to pan, if desired.
- Remove fish.
- Mix the avocados and sprouts with 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Serve with fillets.