Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Got the original recipe from DiGiorno, but have adapted and added to make it my own. Great with crusty bread!
- 8 ounces whole wheat fettuccine
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced very fine
- 1 dash of fresh ground nutmeg
- 6 ounces grilled chicken breasts or 1⁄2 lb peeled deveined shrimp
- Prepare the fettuccini as directed on the package.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add remaining ingredients, to the pasta and warm through cooking just long enough to turn shrimp pink.
- Top with minced basil& additional parm.
Did not use any chicken or shrimp in this recipe. Just used it as a side dish. It is yummy and easy to make. Used regular fettucine - what I had on hand. Also sauteed the garlic a little in the butter before adding. Thanks for posting.