Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dish looks like you really slaved in the kitchen and you don't have to tell anyone how easy it was to make! It tastes great and will complement almost any main course. It is very flexible since you could substitute different veggies (like peas for the green beans) or use freshly steamed veggies instead of canned.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained (fiesta style with red peppers)
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese or 4 tablespoons romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, Italian style seasoned
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix veggies in a casserole dish.
- Stir together topping ingredients and sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
This was a very easy side dish for dinner. I followed the recipe and next time, I would increase the topping amount. It didn't have enough for us. Made for Healthy Tag Game 2010.
Very good, easy vegetable side dish. I used frozen grean beans (cooked) because I like them better than canned green beans. The combo of beans and corn is very tasty.
I only used a can of green beans but used the rest of the recipe as directed-yummy! I used panko for the breadcrumbs & baked it at 350 for about 20 min. Tasty, yet had a nice crunch from the panko!