Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple and delicious basic all purpose vinaigrette, that can be used on so many different salads. Garlic is optional, but I like to add it in... Parmesan may be omitted for a plain vinaigrette.
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots or 1 tablespoon scallion
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard (or to suit taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3⁄4-1 cup olive oil or 3⁄4-1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a processor, or shake in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Store in the fridge.
Perfect combination of flavors creating this wonderful Parmesan Dressing! I used the entire 1/3 cup of Parmesan Cheese an 1 cup of olive oil and opted to use the garlic cloves. I will be making this one often I am sure! Thank you, Kittencal, for another great recipe!
Excellent dressing that my family loves! My 5 year old said that I have to make this again! I did use the garlic and blended all the ingredients in the blender. Thanks for a simple, quick and delicious dressing recipe.
This is a great dressing that is so easy to whip up! My hubby and I really enjoyed the mild taste and felt like it complimented; not overpowered the salad which is so nice. We loved the parmesan, scallions, garlic and dijon mustard in this recipe. All the flavors melded well together. Thanks, Kitz!