Recipe by venus2
Crescent Dragonwagon gets the credit for this dish. Vegan variation: use soy milk, tofu cream cheese, and soy cheese instead of the dairy. A great use for late summer veggies.
- 4 medium zucchini, thickly sliced & blanched
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 garlic clove, presses
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup crisp breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- 6 tomatoes, to stuff
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place blanched zucchini in food processor and pulse/chop.
- Add the cream cheese,egg, garlic, milk.
- bread crumbs, parmesan and cornstarch and buzz until a chunky puree is formed.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the puree into the tomatoes cases and place in prepared baking pan.
- Bake until tops are lightly browned and slightly puffed, 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot.