Recipe by Amanda Beth
This is soooo easy. And sooo good.
Top Review by Bobbie
Definitely FIVE stars. Thanks, Amanda for suggesting this recipe in Pimp My Recipes thread! Otherwise, I would not have found it. These were so, so good! I'm not sure what a med. zucchini is -- but I used 2 zucchini that were about 6 or 7" long. I cut them into forths. I had a lot of the egg mixture left over and probably enough of the parm mixture for yet another zucchini -- and I had that 3rd one which now, I wished I had done! I upped the oven temp to 440 -- only because I was doing some potatoes that needed the higher temp. And I left them in the oven for 20 minutes. They were perfect -- nicely brown with a little crunch. We had some ranch dressing to dip them in. We will be having these a LOT!!! For the seasoning I used 1/4 t. garlic powder, 1/4 t. oregano, 1/4 t. basil and 1/4 t. thyme. It was a wonderful combination. Superb!!!!
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (green can kind is great!)
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning, blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut zucchini into wedges, like you would steak cut fries.
- Beat egg with 1 tablespoon water.
- Mix parmesan cheese with herb seasoning.
- Dip zucchini into egg, then coat with cheese by pressing slices into mixture.
- Bake on well greased baking sheet for approximately 15 minutes, or until they reach desired browness. You can also turn them carefully to brown on both sides. I do not turn them when I make them.