Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe in my email and it looked too good not to make.
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 12 slices tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick (3 tomatoes)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine flour, onion powder, granulated garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- In separate bowl combine panko and Parmesan.
- In third bowl combine eggs and mustard.
- Take slices of tomato and dip in flour, dust off excess.
- Then dip in egg mixture, letting excess drip off.
- Finally dip in parmesan/panko mixture, pressing parmesan mixture onto slices for good coverage.
- Repeat until all slices are breaded.
- These should be stored in a single layer dusted lightly with extra crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in non-stick frying pan, over medium-high heat.
- Place 3 slices (1 order) in pan, and let cook about 1 1/2- 2 minutes on each side, until just golden brown.
- Don't flip too soon or parmesan mix will fall off.
Oh, these babies, I mean tomatoes, are wonderful! I can't wait till summer to use fresh from the garden tomatoes! Great recipe, chia! I halved the recipe, turned out just fine.
This is soo good! I took my time flouring, dipping and breading them, pushing the coating firmly on the tomatoes, then let them rest for an hour or so. They browned beautiful and crispy. Served as a side dish with a pasta meal.
A great new way to use my sweet summer tomatoes! Hubby and I ate the whole batch for lunch today. Delicious! Thanks, chia!