- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 12 slices tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick (3 tomatoes)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, onion powder, granulated garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- In separate bowl combine panko and Parmesan.
- In third bowl combine eggs and mustard.
- Take slices of tomato and dip in flour, dust off excess.
- Then dip in egg mixture, letting excess drip off.
- Finally dip in parmesan/panko mixture, pressing parmesan mixture onto slices for good coverage.
- Repeat until all slices are breaded.
- These should be stored in a single layer dusted lightly with extra crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in non-stick frying pan, over medium-high heat.
- Place 3 slices (1 order) in pan, and let cook about 1 1/2- 2 minutes on each side, until just golden brown.
- Don't flip too soon or parmesan mix will fall off.