1/1 Photo of Parmesan Crusted Tomatoes
I got this recipe in my email and it looked too good not to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 12 slices tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick (3 tomatoes)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Combine flour, onion powder, granulated garlic, salt and pepper.
- 2Mix well.
- 3In separate bowl combine panko and Parmesan.
- 4In third bowl combine eggs and mustard.
- 5Take slices of tomato and dip in flour, dust off excess.
- 6Then dip in egg mixture, letting excess drip off.
- 7Finally dip in parmesan/panko mixture, pressing parmesan mixture onto slices for good coverage.
- 8Repeat until all slices are breaded.
- 9These should be stored in a single layer dusted lightly with extra crumbs.
- 10Heat olive oil in non-stick frying pan, over medium-high heat.
- 11Place 3 slices (1 order) in pan, and let cook about 1 1/2- 2 minutes on each side, until just golden brown.
- 12Don't flip too soon or parmesan mix will fall off.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Crusted Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.4
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 127.7 mg
- Sodium 1285.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 20.8 g