Recipe by BethR
I don't know where I found this, but I had it printed and decided to make it tonight - YUM! Very light and quick to put together. I had a can of artichoke hearts on hand and added 1/2 of the can in the sauce and it was delicious!
Top Review by 7inFamily
Fantastic. Easily would have paid $20 for this in a restaurant, and left happy! I put in a cup of white wine and omitted the chicken broth. Used the wine to deglaze the pan then added the garlic, capers, and lemon juice. Also used half the juice from the marinated artichokes as someone else suggested. Chopped up some of the artichokes and added at the end. This was fabulous, makes my mouth water just to think about it!
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 cup flour (for dredging)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- canned artichoke heart (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Parmesan flour by combining 1/2 cup flour and parmesan cheese in shallow pan, set aside.
- Dredge fish in plain flour, shaking off excess flour.
- Dip in egg wash.
- Coat in parmesan flour mixture.
- Heat non-stick frying pan with olive oil (almost smoking).
- Brown fish on both sides, remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan, add more oil if needed, and sauté garlic.
- Add capers, lemon juice, wine and stock, salt and pepper (artichokes if you like).
- Reduce by half, remove from heat.
- Add butter and melt through.