I don't know where I found this, but I had it printed and decided to make it tonight - YUM! Very light and quick to put together. I had a can of artichoke hearts on hand and added 1/2 of the can in the sauce and it was delicious!
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 cup flour (for dredging)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- canned artichoke heart (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Prepare Parmesan flour by combining 1/2 cup flour and parmesan cheese in shallow pan, set aside.
- Dredge fish in plain flour, shaking off excess flour.
- Dip in egg wash.
- Coat in parmesan flour mixture.
- Heat non-stick frying pan with olive oil (almost smoking).
- Brown fish on both sides, remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan, add more oil if needed, and sauté garlic.
- Add capers, lemon juice, wine and stock, salt and pepper (artichokes if you like).
- Reduce by half, remove from heat.
- Add butter and melt through.