Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A flavorful and flexible fish dish, the Parmesan Crusted Tilapia with Caper Butter Sauce and Bruchetta is a great, healthy dinner. Start to finish, you can make this in 20 minutes. *Pair with some quick cooking wild rice or steamed broccoli.
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 2 -4 garlic cloves (depending on your taste)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaves or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- For the tilapia filets:.
- Whisk eggs in one bowl. Combine salt, pepper, Parmesan, and breadcrumbs in the other. Dip the fish in the egg, followed by the parmesan, breadcrumb mixture.
- Put a small layer of oil in the bottom of pan and heat. Fry each filet 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown and just cooked through. Put cooked filets aside on paper towel.
- For the bruchetta:.
- While the fish is cooking, make the bruchetta. Put tomatoes, garlic, a pinch of salt, olive oil, and basil into food processor. Blend until slightly chunky.
- For the sauce:.
- Empty the remaining oil out of the pan used for the fish, but leave the little bits in there. Melt in the butter in the medium heat pan. Toss in the capers. While simmering slightly, Squish the capers slightly to release some of the juices (and so they don't roll around everyone later). Add juice from 1 lemon. Simmer 2-3 minutes, but don't let butter burn.
- Assemble on plate. Top each filet with the sauce and then the bruchette.