I am always looking for ways to get lean meat and fish into my family's diet. I tried this and everyone including my two year old gobbled it up!
- 36 ounces tilapia fillets
- 1 1⁄4 cups alfredo sauce (home made or store bought. Extra can be used to mix with pasta if desired)
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked
- 1 lemon, sliced into 6 wedges
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, for tilapia crusting mixture
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, for tilapia crusting mixture
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, for tilapia crusting mixture
- 4 cups zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices and halved
- 4 cups yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices and halved
- 2 cups red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 cups red onions, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning, for vege mixture
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, for vege mixture
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic, for vege mixture
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, for vege mixture
- To make Tilapia Crusting Mixture:
- Using a spoon, thoroughly mix all ingredients specified for crusting in a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Italian Vegetables:
- In a large bowl, combine all vegetables and other ingredients specified for vege mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Place onto a baking sheet, forming a single layer. Set aside until ready for baking with tilapia.
- Assembling Parmesan Crusted Tilapia:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place Tilapia fillets in a non-stick, shallow, baking pan.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of Alfredo sauce onto each tilapia fillet. Use bottom of spoon to evenly coat top of fish.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup of prepared tilapia crusting mixture onto each piece and firmly pat breading evenly over Alfredo sauce. Place pan of tilapia on top rack and at the same time, place baking sheet with vegetables on the center rack, in the oven. After approximately 15 minutes, or when the internal temperature of fish reaches 150 degrees F, remove fish from oven and transfer onto a large platter.
- The vegetables should bake for an additional five minutes, or until tender, and remove from oven.
- Toss the vegetables with angel hair pasta (and extra Alfredo sauce if you like)and place around fish.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.
This was an awesome recipe. I will be making it again, and again. The only change that I made was I used less salt !!!
This was really good! This does make a huge serving size, so plan accordingly. So fresh tasting and really beautiful on the plate. I used the suggested vegetables, and think I'd love to add some mushrooms too next time. Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag game.
One of our favorites! So fast and easy and oh so tasty.