Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a very simple recipe that I have altered from a recipe I found some years ago. It's quick and easy, fresh and most of all, my picky husband and son love it! I serve it with Brown and Wild Rice and a vegetable (my fav is steamed broccoli). Note that I use Bookbinder's Breadcrumbs in this recipe, as they add a nice lemony flavor that really makes the dish. I've used plain breadcrumbs and it's just not as good. I've also found that using an enamel cast iron baking dish produces a superior result.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly spray a glass or enamel baking dish to assist in cleanup.
- Wash and pat dry 1-2 pounds of Tilapia filets, and place in the dish side by side.
- Season fish with any desired seasonings (salt, pepper, other spice blends). In a separate bowl, measure grated parmesan, breadcrumbs, and enough olive oil to make a moist crumble.
- Spoon over the top of the fish to cover the filets.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
I very much enjoyed this recipe. The crust was nice and toasted and added a really nice texture and flavor to the fish. I think next time I'll squeeze a lime wedge over the top just before digging in. I used panko style breadcrumbs instead of bookbinder's, grated fresh parmesan cheese (though I'd imagine the jarred stuff would be fine) and added garlic powder, salt and pepper to the mixture. Because I was only cooking 2 small fillets (.40 lbs) I reduced the mixture; 3 tbsp parmesan, 2 tbsp breadcrumbs, for which 1 tsp of olive oil was enough to bind it together to put onto the fish.