Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fast, Easy and Healthy! This recipe is for 2, but I have easily doubled it for more. This bakes so quickly that I often make a bunch of these fillets and eat them leftover for lunches.
- 3 -4 tilapia fillets, depending on size
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄4 cup crushed Ritz cracker
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- Thaw and wash tilapia fillets if frozen. Pat dry on paper towels.
- Combine crumbs, parmesan, italian seasoning and garlic powder on a plate, mixing well.
- On a different plate, pour 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Working 1 at a time, place a fillet on the plate in the lemon juice, sprinkle with desired amount of kosher salt (be careful about how much salt is in your parmesan, crumbs, and other seasonings), black pepper, and garlic powder. Turn the fillet over in the lemon juice and sprinkle seasoning on the other side.
- Dredge fillet in the parmesan mixture patting it all over to coat.
- Place in an oiled baking dish, repeat with remaining fillets.
- Sprinkle a little lemon juice over fillets and drizzle or spray them lightly with olive oil.
- Bake at 425ºF for about 20 minutes or until they easily flake with a fork and edges are browning (you can sprinkle some more parmesan on top if desired). You can also bake these faster at 450ºF.
This is a party on the palate!! I've made this 3 times now, and it just gets better and better each time! I've taken a couple of the other suggestions when I tried it different times. I added the olive oil to the bread crumbs/parmesan mixture and also broiled it for about 2 minutes at the end to make it a little crispier. Thank you for a tasty and healthy recipe!
Remember to cook covered people! I had a brain fart and forgot to cover the fish so it came out a little dry but the flavor was definitely there. We loved it!!
I was looking for a quick tilapia recipe today and came across this one. It was fantastic with brown rice and a green salad!! I used Italian seasoned breadcrumbs and omitted the Italian seasoning and garlic powder since they were already mixed in with the breadcrumbs. Next time I make it, I won't use any pepper on the kids' pieces, but otherwise, I thought it was perfect. I'll definitely make this again!