Recipe by Picky Palate
This is a great way to use leftover mashed potatoes, they are smoky and cheesy. This is my own recipe from my blog: www.pickypalate.blogspot.com
Top Review by Sydney Mike
GREAT, GREAT POTATO PATTIES/CAKES, & a big hit with my veggie son & his wife, too! I did slice a green onion (white & green altogether) then included the other ingredients as listed & served them for a very satisfying breakfast! Your recipe is a definite make-again-&-again kind of thing ~ Thanks so much for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees at the tail end of the current Pick A Chef]
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cooked mashed potatoes, firm and cold
- 1 cup smoked cheddar cheese, Tillamook preferred
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir together the mashed potatoes and smoked cheddar then scoop about ¼ Cup mashed potatoes and form into equal size small patties.
- Combine parmesan cheese and flour into a shallow dish and press potato patties into mixture.
- In batches, place patties into hot skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve warm with ranch dressing if desired.