Recipe by Jili
This is a mish-mash of several recipes, so if you see something familiar, I probably borrowed the idea!
Top Review by jbarbiaux
I read someone else's review that said the pork chops were gooey, so I tried spraying them with cooking spray on both sides after coating them with Mayo and crumb mixture. I baked them on a rack and tried broiling them until they were browned, but the crust was still gooey and fell off. Next time I will dip them in egg, roll them in crumbs and brown them quickly prior to baking. Tasted good, though. Breading is just not crispy enough.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt & pepper
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Put butter in baking dish and place in oven to melt.
- Crush croutons.
- Mix crushed croutons, parmesan, flour, sugar, salt & pepper.
- Spread a layer of mayonnaise on each side of each chop.
- Dredge covered chops in crouton mixture and coat thoroughly.
- Mince garlic into the butter and spread it out.
- Place chops over garlic and bake 15-18 minutes per side.
- * I'm a brand snob. My very favorite croutons are Rothbury Farms seasoned croutons (in the red package), and I used Hellmann's olive oil mayo.