Recipe by tstandiford
I whipped these Parmesan Crusted Turkey Burgers based on how much I liked the breading found in another recipe on this site (Parmesan Crusted Tilapia: http://www.food.com/recipe/parmesan-crusted-tilapia-169764 ) My girlfriend and I enjoyed these so much, that I had to share them with the public!
Top Review by Niki D.
Meh. I added 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp chopped jarred jalapeños directly to the meat because I was afraid it wouldn't be flavorful enough. Even with those modifications, the burgers just lacked something. They're okay, but I won't make them again.
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb ground turkey, cut into 6 equal pieces
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend Parmesan Cheese, Bread Crumbs, Italian Seasoning, and Garlic Powder on a plate.
- Blend eggs and lemon juice together on a separate plate.
- Mold pieces of turkey into burger-like shapes.
- Dip each piece of turkey into the egg mixture.
- Flip the pieces of turkey, and dip other side into egg mixture.
- Put each piece of turkey on the bread crumb mixture.
- Flip the pieces of turkey, and put the other side onto the bread crumb mixture.
- Repeat steps 6-8 a second time, (it gets a little messy, but it will put a thicker coat on the burger.).
- Cover remaining bits of turkey with bread crumb mixture.
- Place covered pieces of turkey onto a baking rack, and place in oven.
- Cook for 35-45 minutes until outside is golden-brown.
- When your turkey is nearly cooked (within 5 minutes), Butter each bun, placing on a skillet set on medium-heat.
- Occasionally rotate the buns so that they are evenly cooked. Watch them closely, as they will burn fast if you're not careful. Continue to cook until the bottom-side of each bun is golden brown.
- Place slices of cheese on hot buns, put the turkey on the bun, add condiments of your choice (I personally recommend mayonnaise!), and enjoy!