- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 teaspoon fresh jarred minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fat free egg substitute or 1⁄2 cup egg white
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 24 ounces tilapia fillets (or other white fish)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray one 9x13 baking dish with non stick spray.
- In large shallow bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, garlic, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, and mix. In another shallow bowl, mix together egg sub. and butter. Dip fish in egg mixture, then dredge in flour mix., until totally covered. Place in dish, sprinkle with olive oil and parmesan.
- preheat oven to 450 Bake, uncovered, for about 10 min from thawed, until crisp and golden brown.