1/11 Photos of Parmesan-Crusted Chicken With Arugula Salad
This offering, originally from Food & Wine, is an easy weeknight meal. I love it for it's simplicity. Even though it is quick and easy, there is still great flavor due to the dijon, fresh thyme and parmesan. I love the lightly dressed salad which you can pile underneath each serving of chicken. If you like more dressing for your salad, by all means mix up a little extra!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided (I've used store-bought in a pinch)
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 4 cups packed arugula (I've also used a spring mix)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk 2 teaspoons of the mustard with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and the thyme.
- 3Season the chicken breasts, on both sides, with salt and pepper - then brush them all over with the mustard mixture.
- 4Pat about 2 T. of the parmesan on EACH chicken breast (both sides) - it should take about 1/2 Cup total for all 4 breasts.
- 5Transfer the chicken breasts to a rimmed baking sheet (I line mine with alum. foil sprayed with just a touch of Pam - for easy release and clean-up).
- 6Bake the chicken on the top shelf of the oven for about 15 minutes, or until just cooked through and nicely browned.
- 7Meanwhile, in a salad bowl, combine the remaining 1 teaspoon each of mustard and oil; then stir in the water.
- 8Add the arugula (or spring mix lettuce) and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and toss well.
- 9Spoon the salad onto plates, top with the chicken and serve!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan-Crusted Chicken With Arugula Salad
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.9
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 119.8 mg
- Sodium 438.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 41.9 g