Recipe by LifeIsGood
This offering, originally from Food & Wine, is an easy weeknight meal. I love it for it's simplicity. Even though it is quick and easy, there is still great flavor due to the dijon, fresh thyme and parmesan. I love the lightly dressed salad which you can pile underneath each serving of chicken. If you like more dressing for your salad, by all means mix up a little extra!
Top Review by Miki Z.
This meal was soooo excellent! My entire family devoured it and was it quick to porepare! Whenever I get into the "what are you making for dinner?" conversations with other parents on the sidelines I always share this one. The only change I made was the greens - half arrugula half spring mix.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided (I've used store-bought in a pinch)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon water
- 4 cups packed arugula (I've also used a spring mix)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 teaspoons of the mustard with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and the thyme.
- Season the chicken breasts, on both sides, with salt and pepper - then brush them all over with the mustard mixture.
- Pat about 2 T. of the parmesan on EACH chicken breast (both sides) - it should take about 1/2 Cup total for all 4 breasts.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a rimmed baking sheet (I line mine with alum. foil sprayed with just a touch of Pam - for easy release and clean-up).
- Bake the chicken on the top shelf of the oven for about 15 minutes, or until just cooked through and nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, in a salad bowl, combine the remaining 1 teaspoon each of mustard and oil; then stir in the water.
- Add the arugula (or spring mix lettuce) and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Spoon the salad onto plates, top with the chicken and serve!