This is a wonderful dish full of flavour, the combination of the eggplant, sun-dried tomato and mozzarella, go really well with the crispy coated chicken.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 11 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs, flakes (These are Japanese breadcrumbs available at most Asian stores and even some regular grocery stores, )
- 2 small eggplants
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese (about 1cm thickness)
Minted Pea Risotto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 15 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup risotto rice
- 70 ml dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- Combine oil, mustard, garlic and herbs in a large bowl or storage container, add chicken, mix well, cover and refrigerate a couple of hours.
- Combine cheese and panko flakes in a bowl, remove chicken from the fridge and press crumb mixture firmly onto chicken, place on a wire wrack in baking dish.
- Cut eggplant length ways, about 1cm thick slices you will need 4 slices, Brush with olive oil on both sides place on wire rack in baking dish, bake chicken and eggplant in 190c oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from oven leaving chicken, top each eggplant slice with 3 sun dried tomatoes and top with 2 mozzarella slices, return to oven and cook for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is browned, and cooked through, and vegetables are tender and cheese has melted slightly.
- Place eggplant on plate top with chicken and serve risotto on the side.
- Minted Green Pea Risotto.
- Heat oil in a pan, add leek and garlic cook until leek is soft, add butter, stir to melt, add rice and stir to coat in butter.
- Add the wine, cook until almost all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Pour in water and stock, cook covered for about 15 minutes.
- Add peas and mint, cook for a further 5 Min's, uncovered, stirring occasionally until all the liquid has absorbed (or cook according to packet directions, mine is 20 minute cooking risotto).
- Serve with chicken.