1/2 Photos of Parmesan Crusted Chicken on Eggplant Sun Dried Tomato and Mozzar
1 hr 10 mins
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a wonderful dish full of flavour, the combination of the eggplant, sun-dried tomato and mozzarella, go really well with the crispy coated chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 garlic cloves
- 11 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs, flakes (These are Japanese breadcrumbs available at most Asian stores and even some regular grocery stores, )
- 2 small eggplants
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese (about 1cm thickness)
Minted Pea Risotto
- 1Combine oil, mustard, garlic and herbs in a large bowl or storage container, add chicken, mix well, cover and refrigerate a couple of hours.
- 2Combine cheese and panko flakes in a bowl, remove chicken from the fridge and press crumb mixture firmly onto chicken, place on a wire wrack in baking dish.
- 3Cut eggplant length ways, about 1cm thick slices you will need 4 slices, Brush with olive oil on both sides place on wire rack in baking dish, bake chicken and eggplant in 190c oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- 4Remove eggplant from oven leaving chicken, top each eggplant slice with 3 sun dried tomatoes and top with 2 mozzarella slices, return to oven and cook for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is browned, and cooked through, and vegetables are tender and cheese has melted slightly.
- 5Place eggplant on plate top with chicken and serve risotto on the side.
- 6Minted Green Pea Risotto.
- 7Heat oil in a pan, add leek and garlic cook until leek is soft, add butter, stir to melt, add rice and stir to coat in butter.
- 8Add the wine, cook until almost all the liquid has been absorbed.
- 9Pour in water and stock, cook covered for about 15 minutes.
- 10Add peas and mint, cook for a further 5 Min's, uncovered, stirring occasionally until all the liquid has absorbed (or cook according to packet directions, mine is 20 minute cooking risotto).
- 11Serve with chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Crusted Chicken on Eggplant Sun Dried Tomato and Mozzar
Serving Size: 1 (836 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1005.8
- Calories from Fat 474
- Total Fat 52.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 163.2 mg
- Sodium 1738.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 62.7 g