Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
This recipe has all the qualities I love; quick, easy, healthy and above all delicious! The total recipe takes about 30 minutes from stove to table. Leave enough room to enjoy some crusty bread! And if you are not dieting.... WINE: Franz Karl Schmitt Riesling Spätlese Rheinhessen Niersteiner Hipping 2001 from Germany is a perfect match! Enjoy!
Top Review by susie cooks
Everything about this is great. It was so easy and quick, I love that. My chicken breat were really thin so they baked really fast. I put them under the broiler, for seconds, to get the golden brown crust. They were so moist and delicious. I love the dressing for the greens, it took about 20 seconds to make! . An easy, light dinner. I will definitely make this again. Thanks!
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (feel free to add more cheese!)
- 1 cup arugula leaf
- 3 cups packed european greens or 3 cups packed baby greens
- 1⁄2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of the mustard with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and the thyme in a small mixing bowl. Wash chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Season breasts with salt and pepper and brush the mustard mixture all over each of the whole breasts. Pat 2 Tablespoons of the Parmesan all over each breast, to make stick. Bake the chicken on a baking sheet with sides on the top shelf of the oven for 15 minutes, or until just cooked through and the tops are a golden-brown.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the remaining mustard and olive oil in a bowl large enough to hold all the salad greens. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of water. Add the salad greens and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and toss.
- Place equal portions of salad on each plate and top with the chicken. Serve Immediately.