Recipe by Canadian Jane
Equal parts crispy and creamy, this chicken dinner is also surprisingly easy to prepare. It may sound fussy, but you'll be amazed at how few ingredients and prep time it takes to create this balanced meal. It's so satisfying, you'll never guess that it's a healthy choice, too
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1 (10 fluid ounce) can chicken broth, divided (low sodium)
- 6 Ritz crackers, finely crushed
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup philadelphia cream cheese with garlic and herbs, spread
- 375 g asparagus spears, trimmed and steamed
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice as directed on package, using 1 cup of the both and 1/2 cup water.
- Meanwhile, mix cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese on plate. Rinse chicken with cold water; shake off excess. Dip chicken in cracker mixture, turning to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Place chicken on serving plate. Set aside; keep warm.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup broth, 1/4 cup water and the cream cheese spread to same skillet. Cook on medium heat until mixture just comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Simmer 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with rice and aspargus.