Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Equal parts crispy and creamy, this chicken dinner is also surprisingly easy to prepare. It may sound fussy, but you'll be amazed at how few ingredients and prep time it takes to create this balanced meal. It's so satisfying, you'll never guess that it's a healthy choice, too
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 1 (10 fluid ounce) can chicken broth, divided (low sodium)
- 6 Ritz crackers, finely crushed
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup philadelphia cream cheese with garlic and herbs, spread
- 375 g asparagus spears, trimmed and steamed
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Cook rice as directed on package, using 1 cup of the both and 1/2 cup water.
- Meanwhile, mix cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese on plate. Rinse chicken with cold water; shake off excess. Dip chicken in cracker mixture, turning to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Place chicken on serving plate. Set aside; keep warm.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup broth, 1/4 cup water and the cream cheese spread to same skillet. Cook on medium heat until mixture just comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Simmer 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with rice and aspargus.
yum yum! both DB and I devoured it. The only change will be more parm cheese in the coating and maybe fresh herbs? thanks!
I have the same recipe, but I serve it with brown rice to make it more heart healthy.
I really liked this chicken a lot. I love cream cheese so it was wonderful. The only problem I had was that I couldn't find cream cheese with garlic and herbs-only onions and chives. So I just got the regular cream cheese (b/c fiance doesn't like chives) and added my own herbs to it. It was still good, but probably better if I had the other. Anyway, I liked it so I will be making it again. It was pretty simple to make also. I used italian seasoned bread crumbs instead of ritz. (also, just a note-in the recipe ingredients parmesan cheese isn't listed although it is in the instructions.)