Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from Rachael Ray....I absolutely love this dish.
Make and share this Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts W/Tomato and Basil and Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs fingerling potatoes or 1 1⁄2-2 lbs red skin baby potatoes
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 italian mild green pepper, cubanelle, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, cracked away from skin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- coarse salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese, available in tubs near deli (make sure to get shredded cheese, not grated)
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 plum roma tomatoes or 4 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 15 -20 leaves fresh basil, pile leaves, roll then thinly slice (chiffonade)
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Cut fingerling potatoes into halves or quarters. If you are using small red potatoes, halve or quarter them in the same way.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with foil. Place potatoes on cookie sheet.
- Combine with peppers and onions, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Coat the potatoes, peppers and onions with extra-virgin olive oil just enough to coat vegetables in a thin layer, 2 to 3 tablespoons.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper. Place potatoes in the oven and roast 20 to 22 minutes, until potatoes are just tender and peppers and onions are crisp at edges.
- Toss mixture with tongs, turning the potatoes after 15 minutes.
- While potatoes cook, prepare chicken. Roll out a 2-foot piece of waxed paper or foil near the stove top.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat -- your pan must be very hot when the chicken is added. Pile the shredded cheese on the work surface created with the waxed paper or foil.
- Season your chicken breasts with black pepper but no salt; the cheese will add enough salt to the taste of the dish. Press the breasts firmly into the cheese. Coat both sides of breasts with as much cheese as possible.
- Add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil to the skillet, 1 turn of the pan. Set breasts into the skillet and cook 7 minutes on each side.
- While chicken cooks, combine chopped tomatoes with basil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Drain off any excess oil from chicken as you remove it from the skillet. Top chicken with big spoonfuls of raw sauce and serve with potatoes, peppers and onions.