Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is from Rachael Ray....I absolutely love this dish.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs fingerling potatoes or 1 1⁄2-2 lbs red skin baby potatoes
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 italian mild green pepper, cubanelle, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, cracked away from skin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- coarse salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese, available in tubs near deli (make sure to get shredded cheese, not grated)
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 plum roma tomatoes or 4 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 15 -20 leaves fresh basil, pile leaves, roll then thinly slice (chiffonade)
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Cut fingerling potatoes into halves or quarters. If you are using small red potatoes, halve or quarter them in the same way.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with foil. Place potatoes on cookie sheet.
- Combine with peppers and onions, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Coat the potatoes, peppers and onions with extra-virgin olive oil just enough to coat vegetables in a thin layer, 2 to 3 tablespoons.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper. Place potatoes in the oven and roast 20 to 22 minutes, until potatoes are just tender and peppers and onions are crisp at edges.
- Toss mixture with tongs, turning the potatoes after 15 minutes.
- While potatoes cook, prepare chicken. Roll out a 2-foot piece of waxed paper or foil near the stove top.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat -- your pan must be very hot when the chicken is added. Pile the shredded cheese on the work surface created with the waxed paper or foil.
- Season your chicken breasts with black pepper but no salt; the cheese will add enough salt to the taste of the dish. Press the breasts firmly into the cheese. Coat both sides of breasts with as much cheese as possible.
- Add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil to the skillet, 1 turn of the pan. Set breasts into the skillet and cook 7 minutes on each side.
- While chicken cooks, combine chopped tomatoes with basil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Drain off any excess oil from chicken as you remove it from the skillet. Top chicken with big spoonfuls of raw sauce and serve with potatoes, peppers and onions.
This was a very tasty recipe! I ended up charring the chicken a bit because i didn't know to turn down the stove. Other than that, the chicken had wonderful flavor. I used kraft parmasan cheese that was the crumbs which worked out great! Instead of ripe tomatoes i used some that i had canned from this past summer and added dried basil, a little oil and the salt and pepper. The sauce tasted very good with the chicken. The potatoes were very very tasty and easy to cook. I prefer to have less spice from the red pepper flakes so if you want more or less spice it would be best to alter this! Very nummy meal and a hit with my hubby and 2 year old son.
This recipe made a wonderful quick dinner tonight. The chicken breast was cut in half lengthwise and then pounded to about 1/2 inch thickness. The cheese produced a nice crisp crust on the chicken. The potatoes were white rose which were cut into small chuncks. The vegetables were roasted at 450 degrees and were done in the time specified. Something to make again. Thanks for posting.