Brisket in Roses's Note:
This is from Rachael Ray....I absolutely love this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs fingerling potatoes or 1 1/2-2 lbs red skin baby potatoes
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 italian mild green pepper, cubanelle, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, cracked away from skin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- coarse salt and pepper
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese, available in tubs near deli (make sure to get shredded cheese, not grated)
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 plum roma tomatoes or 4 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 15 -20 leaves fresh basil, pile leaves, roll then thinly slice (chiffonade)
- 1Preheat oven to 500°F.
- 2Cut fingerling potatoes into halves or quarters. If you are using small red potatoes, halve or quarter them in the same way.
- 3Cover a large cookie sheet with foil. Place potatoes on cookie sheet.
- 4Combine with peppers and onions, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes.
- 5Coat the potatoes, peppers and onions with extra-virgin olive oil just enough to coat vegetables in a thin layer, 2 to 3 tablespoons.
- 6Season liberally with salt and pepper. Place potatoes in the oven and roast 20 to 22 minutes, until potatoes are just tender and peppers and onions are crisp at edges.
- 7Toss mixture with tongs, turning the potatoes after 15 minutes.
- 8While potatoes cook, prepare chicken. Roll out a 2-foot piece of waxed paper or foil near the stove top.
- 9Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat -- your pan must be very hot when the chicken is added. Pile the shredded cheese on the work surface created with the waxed paper or foil.
- 10Season your chicken breasts with black pepper but no salt; the cheese will add enough salt to the taste of the dish. Press the breasts firmly into the cheese. Coat both sides of breasts with as much cheese as possible.
- 11Add 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil to the skillet, 1 turn of the pan. Set breasts into the skillet and cook 7 minutes on each side.
- 12While chicken cooks, combine chopped tomatoes with basil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
- 13Drain off any excess oil from chicken as you remove it from the skillet. Top chicken with big spoonfuls of raw sauce and serve with potatoes, peppers and onions.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts W/Tomato and Basil and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.6
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.0 mg
- Sodium 797.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 23.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild green peppers