Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a really quick, healthy alternative to chicken fingers and french fries. We cook it a few times a month. You can vary the cheeses used or vary the oils to add variety.
- parmesan cheese, grated not ground
- 4 chicken breasts
- panko breadcrumbs
- dried basil
- garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup large whole grain mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 new potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put skillet with coating of olive oil - medium heat on the stove.
- Slice the potatoes and layer on a pregreased baking sheet.
- Dust with garlic powder , salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake while cooking chicken. Baking time depends on thickness of cut.
- Start by rinsing chicken in cool water.
- Dredge chicken through egg then coat in panko/cheese combined in a bowl.
- Dip in egg again and again in panko mixture.
- Place in hot oil and allow to fry until crispy and cooked through.
- Place on paper towel to drain.
- Mix honey and mustard over low heat in a sauce pan. You can modify the honey/mustard ratio to your liking. This way will be more mustardy than anything.
Made this for dinner tonight and it was totally delish! Thanks for the recipe and congrats on being chef of the day. =:) -Quentin