Recipe by Christina Robbe
This is a really quick, healthy alternative to chicken fingers and french fries. We cook it a few times a month. You can vary the cheeses used or vary the oils to add variety.
- parmesan cheese, grated not ground
- 4 chicken breasts
- panko breadcrumbs
- dried basil
- garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup large whole grain mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 4 new potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put skillet with coating of olive oil - medium heat on the stove.
- Slice the potatoes and layer on a pregreased baking sheet.
- Dust with garlic powder , salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake while cooking chicken. Baking time depends on thickness of cut.
- Start by rinsing chicken in cool water.
- Dredge chicken through egg then coat in panko/cheese combined in a bowl.
- Dip in egg again and again in panko mixture.
- Place in hot oil and allow to fry until crispy and cooked through.
- Place on paper towel to drain.
- Mix honey and mustard over low heat in a sauce pan. You can modify the honey/mustard ratio to your liking. This way will be more mustardy than anything.